The objectives of The Society are to advance education and research for the public benefit by the study of molluscs from both pure and applied aspects. We welcome as members all who are interested in the scientific study of molluscs. There are Ordinary Members, Student Members and Honorary Members. Members are entitled to receive a copy of the Journal and such circulars as may be issued during their membership. The society's Web Site is at:
The Society has a continuous record of publishing important scientific papers on molluscs in the Proceedings, which evolved with Volume 42 (1976) into the Journal of Molluscan Studies. The Journal is published in annual volumes consisting of four parts which are received by fully paid up members and student members. Members also receive The Malacologist, the Bulletin of The Society, twice a year.
In addition to the traditional researches on taxonomy and systematics, new experimental, chemical and molecular techniques are amongst the topics considered for discussion meetings and papers for publication in future volumes of the Journal.
The Annual Subscription is due on 1st January each year.
• Ordinary Members £45 for 2005 (or US$ equivalent)
• Student Members £25 (or US$ equivalent)
Methods of Payment
(1) Sterling cheque payable to "The Malacological Society of London".
(2) Banker’s standing order to: The Northern Bank (Sort code 95 01 49), 49 51 University Road, Belfast BT7 1ND, for the credit of "The Malacological Society of London" (a/c 70030422).
(3) Credit card: Overseas members ONLY may pay by credit card: The Society can accept VISA and MasterCard payments only. Please provide the Membership Secretary with your card number and expiry date, card type (VISA or MasterCard.), the name on the card, and the cardholder’s address (if this differs from your institutional address). Receipts will only be sent if specifically requested.
(4) Overseas members wishing to pay electronicallyshould contact the Membership Secretary (R.C...@KINGSTON.AC.UK) for SWIFT/BIC and IBAN numbers of our bank.
Institutional Subscriptions to the Journal
Enquiries should be addressed directly to Oxford University Press, Walton Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, U.K.
Change of Member's Address
Please use the address slip on the Journal wrapper to inform us, through Oxford University Press, of a change of address, or inform the Membership Secretary.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP OF THE MALACOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF LONDONI wish to apply for Ordinary*/Student* Membership (* delete one)